miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012

NOUNS

A noun is a word used to name a person, animal, place, thing, and abstract idea.


Types of NOUNS
  • Common Nouns
  •       Is a noun referring to a person, place, or thing in a general sense.  
    1. I want to eat a sandwich
    2. She wants to be a doctor
    3. My jeans are blue
  • Countable Nouns
  •       Is a noun with both a singular and a plural form, and it names anything  that you can count.  
    1. I want an apple.
    2. I've got some dollars.
    3. I haven't got many pictures.
  • Uncountable Nouns
  •      Is a noun which does not have a plural form, and which refers to something that you could not usually count. 
    1. I love the music.
    2. I don´t have money.
    3. You will have happines in your life.
  • Collective Nouns
  •      Is a noun naming a group of things, animals, or persons. 
    1. The mayority want that you go to the reunion.
    2. The company is in our University.
    3. The English deparment is in from of the Gabriela Mistral building.
  • Proper Nouns
  •     You always write a proper noun with a capital letter, since the noun represents the name of a specific person, place, or thing. 
    1. Mister Armando Garcia is from Cuba.
    2. My name is Delmy Ayala.
    3. Zac Efron is an excellent actor.
  • Concrete Nouns
  •     Is a noun which names anything  that you can perceive through your physical senses: touch, sight, taste, hearing, or smell. 
    1. The students are from San Vicente.
    2. My computer is not working well.
    3. My dog is noisy.
  • Abstract  Nouns                                                                                                                                        Is a noun which names anything which you can not perceive through your five physical senses, and is the opposite of a concrete noun.
  1. She is intelligent.
  2. My mother is loyalty.
  3. He love his girlfriend.

MORE INFORMATION
SHORTCUT
THE PARTS OF THE SPEECH
TYPES OF SENTENCES
CONJUNCTIONS
SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT
NOUNS
ARTICLES
PRONOUNS
QUANTIFIERS


      No hay comentarios:

      Publicar un comentario